Congratulations! You’ve been scheduled a bed date and are preparing for the next step of your journey. Here is some information to help you prepare to enter our facility.
Clients must be clean and sober for 72-hours prior to entering treatment. If you are having trouble maintaining your sobriety, please call and talk to the intake coordinator who scheduled your intake appointment date.
What to Bring
- 7 days’ worth of clothing: NO tank tops, cut-off shirts, short shorts or skirts, spandex, tight or revealing clothing, or gang related or drug paraphernalia related clothing. Residents are expected to dress in an appropriate and modest manner. Laundry facilities and supplies will be provided.
- Fitness attire (loose fitting).
- Phone cards are required for out of area calls. You may begin making calls after your 30-day blackout.
- Smokers need to bring unopened cigarettes or money to purchase cigarettes. No vaping allowed.
- 90-day supply of medications.
- STC, Inc. provides 1 pillow and 1 towel (a 2nd towel may be provided for sweat, if available).
- Cash—you may have up to $100 in your file at a time, and up to $20 on your person.
What to Leave at Home
- Cell Phone
- Any electronic devices or gaming systems
- Books and magazines
- Drug, alcohol, and gang related clothing
- Medication not approved by the Sierra Tribal Consortium, Inc. Medications should be discussed in full prior to admission.
- Cologne, aftershave, body spray and perfume that contain any type of alcohol. i.e. denatured (denat.), cetyl, stearyl, cetearyl, lanolin, ethyl, etc.
- Aerosol cans of any type
- Air fresheners
- Nail polish and nail polish remover
- Hand sanitizer
- Absolutely no items containing any type of alcohol. i.e. denatured (denat.), cetyl, stearyl, cetearyl, lanolin, ethyl, etc.
Upon admittance, clients are placed on a 30-day blackout period to allow adjustment to the program. During this time, clients are not allowed to make or receive personal phone calls or receive visitors. Clients may write and receive mail during this period.
Visiting – Currently online only due to COVID restrictions
All visiting is conducted over Zoom once you have completed your blackout.